Build a "Thirsty Bean" member-only club for Bobu token holders

Please don’t result to insults man, no need for it. Just put your point across and leave it at that.

3 Likes

For anyone who is wondering, this is not the first time. There is already a place that is token gated specifically for an NFT, and that is Forgotten Wizard Runes! The team has made it so only users wearing that specific NFT can get in, and buy the beer within. I beleive they were put in due to them being one of the first large communities to have a 2D avatar ready.

So the first argument is, why bother creating something for a specific NFT collection, just make them buy an apartment? On one hand, this makes sense, just buy an apartment. However, there is also the argument of we are aiming to be THE MOST INTEROPERABLE WORLD IN THE ENTIRE METAVERSE. This would suggest that we not only implement ability to play as your NFT’s, but also add utility to them. If you really wanted to, you could request to the team they buy at least a Large apartment before work is started.

Adding utility to large communities will increase the chance that the holders play and visit our world. If I am honest with you, I very rarely see a Punk or an Ape walking around Webb3. What if we were able to add the Bored Ape Yatch Club to Webb3? Don’t get me wrong, there is of course some effort involved, but it is not exactly overwhelming, given what the team has already created. Adding a specific building for each of the top collections could bring in users with serious spending capabilities also, many of them may fall in love with the game and buy their own apartments. If we created the club for a collection, and their users visit, it’s more likely they will request the founders to buy an Apartment and create quests/games within Webb3 anyway.

If more of these collection exclusive areas were to be made, the question of which ones, and what priority to give. Adding a club for Bobu/Azuki holders may be a great start, as it not only has a large holder base, but if a general Webb3 user wanted to visit, buying a Bobu is not cost prohibitive.

I think in the long run would be great to have in the future some events/competitions where collections are all competing on some kind of leaderboard. The collection that wins, can get a custom club within Webb3. This could give collections of maybe lower floors, but a dedicated user base to potentially overcome the big ones. IMO, this kind of competition would create huge interest, but I guess this would be a separate idea/proposal (and one I actually discussed in the Suggestions in discord)…but just a taste for how you could decide in future what to add.

4 Likes

Building for one of these projects will make other project parties have opinions, which is unfair

Building for one of these projects will make other project parties have opinions, which is unfair

As I said, what if there was a competition that determined who got the club? That had to involve people with that NFT competing in the game. No1 can complain, the most active and skilled community would win.

1 Like

The bear case for this: Right now the Wizard Tavern doesn’t really have anyone visit it. This may just be the fact that there are not many visitors outside quest days, and may change after Alpha and/or after Voice chat is added. However, something that keeps people coming back besides just a shared space could be required.

1 Like

So what do you ask the project parties who are paying big bucks for apartment to think about it? Should they be classified? If there are many community users, should the webb team send a club for free? In this way, there will be other projects willing to enter webb in the future?

2 Likes

Now is not the time to discuss this, why is no one playing? 1. The house is not empowered, and the holder has nothing to do. 2. The project side who bought the house has nothing to do with the house, and the holders of those projects will not come to play. In the end, give the house empowerment is the most important thing right now

2 Likes

This kind of club could only be temporary, the characteristics of public buildings during the recovery period after expiration

@Pathfinder , would be good to get a disclaimer of your holdings in Azuki/Bobu tokens. Personally I hold a single Bobu token, and 0 Azuki.

1 Like

This proposal just confuse me… What is the standard the team have in selecting someone to be the community MVP?
Let’s see pathfinder’s ‘Why’:
-----R1-----
“We’ve already created very detailed custom avatars for Bobu holders, and we already held a successful Bobu Bash quest. A simple way to entice them to come back would be to give them a members-only place to meet.”
-----A1-----
We have offered Bobu a special&successful quest, so what’s the Webb got and what’s the Webb Land holders got?
I’m not the Bobu holder and I don’t know how strong their community is. But if you think they deserve us working that lots of and this is the effective way to make holders of one project back, why Bobu?
-----R2-----
“This would also be great marketing/PR since we can use the existence of the Thirsty Bean to ride the wave of any press around the Bobu project (or even Azuki itself) to increase awareness of Webb.”
-----A2-----
Could you tell me what is Webb need most now in your opinion?
We have collabed with Coolpets, 100WLs for our land owners.
We have 21K ETH trading volume in OpenSea.
We have whales like bobby1337.eth
We have 46.55% NBCP while NFTW just 38.64%
So tell me, do u really think we still need so much for Bobu just to make us more famous? Do u have consider whether what you plan to pay is equal with what you plan to earn?
Maybe you will answer me, we need to be more famous until there is no one will say he/she doesn’t know Webb. Ok but you have made a special a quest for them and you still want to offer them more, what our proj get, what our holders get?
Webb land holders are the most diamond-handy holders in NFTs field. These holders is invaluable and you can’t know find better holders than them definitely.
They love funny things, spend their time in playing quests even very very few of them could win the in-game items.
They are creative. Just see the art/meme contest and the apartment building match.
They are interesting souls from many other ‘indie’ projs and having their party in Webb, such as Larva Lads, Spritely Worlds… They are all have no backgrounds of big company like Yuga.
Don’t them deserve to be rewarded more?
Don’t you have considerd to build our own community to make us more famous? For a simple example, Brise.eth has made lots of brilliant Webb Weekly. You should propose make a newspaper company for him IMO.
And, what explanation you plan to give to those projs who have bought their apartments?
‘Sorry, you are pretty but still not like Bobu?’
-----R3-----
@ABBBBBBB: There is already a place that is token gated specifically for an NFT, and that is Forgotten Wizard Runes!
-----A3-----
Early webb land holders all know FWR have their club in game. The world has moved on man…
We were not so much famous like the present. Maybe we should collab with FWR in this way since they were so hot an on-chain game at that time. But does that mean we should still walk in this way?
Or maybe this FWR club just came out because the team had a joyful chat with FWR’s team, then ‘Okay! In-game club so dope!’, done.
TBH 75% of my friends who have Webb Land didn’t play the last quest.
what @g2hit said is not insult IMO. He/her is just a holder who have high hopes for Webb.
The FP will tell, just think more comprehensively plz.

3 Likes

oppose strongly,I know we have a big vision, but please take it one step at a time, there’s still a lot of things stated in the previous roadmap that haven’t come to fruition. And I’m not sure what the point of holding the house is right now?

2 Likes

AGAINST this proposal. We shouldn’t build thing for other projects for free, unless there is mutual agreement on collaboration and equal valua-adding from Azuki

Happy to do so. I hold 1 Azuki and 5 Bobu tokens.

And I bought my two apartments in Webb (a medium and a large) because I discovered Webb thanks to the Bobu Bash event and fell in love with this vision of the metaverse.

2 Likes

This is brilliant. Would generate a lot of interest. Maybe after winning comp they get the building and remodel rights for say a month or two then the collection has to defend those rights in combat, racing, quest etc. This kind of building would be rare, say 1/zone max in the future, for now just thirsty wizard.
This could be a recurring event to drive interest and should be set up soon please!
Or let’s say Thirsty Wizard remains as a nod to their early adoption, set up a battle zone in the church near thirsty wizard.

2 Likes

I support the idea of Azuki having a dedicated club. I think it will be good for the overall project given the club is mostly open to the public with maybe a vip area for azuki/bean holders.

Mindset is that if Azuki becomes popular, which they already are to a large degree but I think they will get far more popular, then people will want exposure to them with associated items/games.

Obviously only when there is free time for devs to do so, I imagine there is a huge list of priority stuff they have to do atm.

2 Likes

I think what you write should be a “privilege” for penthouses owners, and I believe that one of the penthouse owners is the Forgotten Wizard Runes project.

1 Like

In the litepaper there is a part about Business Building : worldwidewebb.notion.site

There is 4 examples:

• Nightclubs
  • Bars
  • Vendors
  • Stores

So i guess in the future if a community want to have a “club” they could buy a business building to do so and everybody will be equal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@kabu Then wouldn’t it follow that the thirsty wizard currently as it sits… “damages the rights and interests of apartment owners”

@ABBBBBBB I like the premise of the idea. I would like to see what the team has in store for so called businesses specifically before commenting on implementation, as that may change entirely how this custom in-game space works.
Say… What if the thirsty wizard itself is a a demo on to how business spaces will work?

I do agree providing spaces for high value communities to engage with and interact is important. One quest isn’t enough to get players to come back time after time