Should we host discussions inside of Webb?

What do you all think about having scheduled meetings to discuss these sort of forum topics inside of Webb?

• choose a time/building to have meeting
  • enable longer chat character limits for the meeting (until proximity chat is enabled)
  • someone takes meeting minutes and posts to forum after
  • allows all of us to test out using Webb for a work-like purpose (office/conference room)
6 Likes

I am a big proponent of this. I think any type of event, especially if organized by the community, within the game that is recurring on a regular basis will be really good for discussion and build people’s habit of jumping into the game.

Regarding the character limit, I think it should be increased overall because the current character limit does not allow a conversation to flow and thoughts to be conveyed naturally.

3 Likes

I’ve been posting in #suggestions ideas before for “spaces” or talks to be held inside WEBB venues.

But I am wondering, are you suggesting this more for the privacy-aspect of proposals here? or more of a general feature for WEBB?

I think keeping it with limited-characters in the “world-chat” is okay, but I agree on having longer messages for meetings/parties/get-togethers in apartments. Voice and video chat will be coming too - those and longer messages are very great features moving forward.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree less, it boosts activity, engagement, and after all you get to listen to the ideas that possibly were not present during the forum discussion.

A good moderation would be a must, so character limit should still be present, but increased. Perhaps it would be alright to introduce an idea of the interval based chatting/talking, where after some time it gets stopped, so the moderators team/lead can make a brief summary of what was discussed, thus keeping the pace with the productivity.

We’re working on furniture for Webb whereby users can get up on stage and talk in a sort of panel like environment.

I see this as almost like a town hall situation where users can come and talk and listen to the conversation live inside Webb.

Would be good to then formalise those conversations here.

8 Likes

There should be moderators for each session which have ability to mute someone to prevent spamming.

I think an in-game voting board for topics that get high level of engagement. So dao members can vote directly on these things?

I definitely support this especially once proximity chat becomes available :grin:

1 Like